|12 Euros||12 €||18 g||33 mm|
|2 Euros commemorative coin||2 €||8,5 g||25,75 mm|
12 Euros silver
Minted in .925 sterling silver, the coin replicates on the obverse the overlapping effigies of Their Royal Highnesses King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia.
The reverse motif features streamers shaping the number 10 and the Euro symbol, linked with a circle made up of 12 stars. To the right of the central motif is a large star containing in latent image the crowned letter M and the digits 09.
2-Euro commemorative coin
The design, chosen from among the five pre-selected via online voting by citizens of the European Union, is an intentionally primitive drawing by George Stamatopoulos, a sculptor from the Central Bank of Greece.
It symbolizes the long history of trading operations ranging from prehistoric bartering to the Economic and Monetary Union, of which the Euro forms part.
This coin is included in the following sets:
Official retail price in Spain, excluding any relevant taxes:
Currency case - 12-Euro coin in silver and 2-Euro commemorative coin
Price: 18,97 Euros
Previous 12-Euro coin issues
- 2008 - International Year of Planet Earth
- 2007 - 50th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome
- 2006 - Christopher Columbus 5th Centenary
- 2005 - 4th centenary of the publication of Cervantes' "Quixote"
- 2004 - Felipe and Letizia
- 2004 - 5th Centenary of Isabella I of Castile
- 2003 - 25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution
- 2002 - Spain's Presidency of the E.U.