The Centenary of International Women's Day will be held in 2011. The Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre - Real Casa de la Moneda (FNMT-RCM) is commemorating this important anniversary by minting a 20-Euro collector coin in silver, presented in a stylish currency case, numbered, and with a mint run limited to 12,000 units.
This same year will also commemorate the 80th anniversary of universal suffrage in Spain, in the fight for which Clara Campoamor played a key role. Her likeness is featured on the reverse of the coin.
20 Euro silver coin
The reverse features the likeness of Clara Campoamor.
The obverse reproduces the overlapping effigies of Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.
|Name||Composition||Face Value||Weight||Diameter||Mint run|
|20 Euro||9.25 sterling silver||20 €||18 g||33 mm||12.000|
Official retail price in Spain, excluding any relevant taxes:
20 Euro silver coin - 28,93 Euros
The coin comes in a stylish coin case, numbered and limited to 12,000 units.
Previous 12-Euro & 20-Euro coin issues
- 2010 - Champions 2010
- 2010 - Spanish Presidency EU
- 2009 - 10th Anniversary European Monetary Union
- 2008 - International Year of Planet Earth
- 2007 - 50th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome
- 2006 - Christopher Columbus 5th Centenary
- 2005 - 4th centenary of the publication of Cervantes' 'Quixote'
- 2004 - 5th Centenary of Isabella I of Castile
- 2004 - Felipe and Letizia
- 2003 - 25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution
- 2002 - Spain's Presidency of the E.U.