The interest that the Spanish Royal Mint-Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre has shown in making its activities environmentally friendly has motivated the company to set a series of goals that can be distilled into the following commitments, as provided for under Standard ISO 14001:
- Make our interested parties’ needs and expectations a priority.
- Establish and periodically review the gains made towards the environmental objectives and goals of our company with a view to boosting ongoing improvement.
- Pursue an ongoing training scheme to guarantee a highly-qualified professional team while fostering participation of all personnel in the protection of the Environment:
- By training everyone whose activity could have a significant effect on the Environment so that they are made aware of the impact of their job-related activities and of their responsibilities.
- By improving internal communications with the primary emphasis on communications across the board.
- Protect the environment in the performance of our activities, taking all preventive measures within our power so as to fight against pollution.
- Undertake a follow-up of our performance as an organisation with a view to making constant improvements of an environmental nature in the full range of activities while minimising any environmental impacts we might cause.
- Pinpoint all the legal requirements and similar that are applicable to us and ensure that they are met.
- Ensure the efficient management of our use of natural resources and waste, making recycling and assessment a priority.
- Set improvement targets within the framework of this policy so as to enhance the performance of our management system in the areas of quality, the environment and the management of occupational hazards.