30 Euros - 75th birthday of His Majesty the King
The year 2013 marks the occasion of the 75th birthday of His Majesty the King, who was born on January 5, 1938 in Rome where the royal family was living at the time, since they had been forced to leave Spain upon the proclamation of the Republic in 1931. King Juan Carlos is the son of Don Juan de Borbón y Battenberg and Doña María de las Mercedes de Borbón y Orleans. Don Juan, former Count of Barcelona, became Head of the Spanish Royal Household after his father, King Alfonso XIII, relinquished the title.
The Spanish Royal Mint is commemorating this anniversary by issuing a 30-euro face value coin that displays several incredible features.
The coin comes in a stylish coin case, numbered and limited to 10,000 units.
|30 euros||30 €||18 g||33 mm|
30 euros silver
This coin features the exclusive QUADRUPLE LATENT IMAGE. A circle shown on the reverse reveals in turn, and depending on the viewing angle, the crowned letter "M", the number 75, the depiction of a fleur de lis, and the image of a royal crown. In addition, the coin portrays the Coat-of-Arms of His Majesty the King.
The obverse portrays the likeness of His Majesty King Juan Carlos I.
Official retail price in Spain, excluding any relevant taxes:
- 30 Euro silver coin: 42,98 Euros
Previous 12-Euro, 20-Euro and 30-Euro coin issues
- 2012 - 10th Anniversary of the Euro
- 2011 - Women's Day Centenary
- 2010 - Champions 2010
- 2010 - Spanish Presidency EU
- 2009 - 10th Anniversary European Monetary Union
- 2008 - International Year of Planet Earth
- 2007 - 50th Anniversary of the Treaty of Rome
- 2006 - Christopher Columbus 5th Centenary
- 2005 - 4th Centenary of the publication of Cervantes' Quixote
- 2004 - 5th Centenary of Isabella I of Castile
- 2004 - Felipe and Letizia
- 2003 - 25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution Española
- 2002 - Spain's Presidency of the E.U.