The manufacture of metal coinage (both circulating and collector coins) is one of the most important production lines at the FNMT-RCM. As the direct successor of the former Madrid Mint, whose earliest historic references date back to the 15th century, the Minting Department is, of all the company's departments, the most deep-rooted in tradition. Responsible for the minting of coins for the Spanish Treasury, the FNMT-RCM also works for any country, company or organization who requests it.
The manufacturing process for circulating coins constitutes a perfect symbiosis between the centuries-old art of engraving, the minting process itself, and the most advanced industrial processes. Advanced with regard to technology and materials management, traceability, robotics and automation, the end purpose being to furnish the coins with the utmost quality and security.
- Euro coin production per struck date 2000-202019 (PDF - 258 KB)
- Euro coin production per struck date 2005-2020 (2 Euros Commemorative) (PDF - 336 KB)
- Eurosets and Proof Eurosets sales per year 1999-2020 (PDF - 246 KB)
- 30-Euro / 20-Euro / 12 Euro coins production 1994-2020 (PDF - 264 KB)
Regulations and links
- European Central Bank - Coins in Euros
- European Commission - New designs 2010
- Bank of Spain: Commemorative and Collectors Coins