The health-care card as well as serving as a means of identification, allows the execution of transactions and access to public health care system with the highest level of security and confidentiality.
The card allows on line transactions, such as updating personal information, health information queries, medical appointments, etc.
The objectives are:
- Ensure the citizens identification within the Public Health care System.
- Promote secure access to medical records and enable the exchange of clinical information between different professionals.
- Replace paper prescriptions with a new record in the card containing and electronic prescription.
- Getting information and certificates on pensions, unemployment, medical appointments, beginning and ending of diseases...
- Ensure accessibility from anywhere in the system, interoperability and appropriate use of information.